Wednesday, March 21, 2018

UPCOMING CONTEST—WE NEED YOUR INPUT


I am taking the advice from one of my young friends who suggested that I include in my blog some tidbits of what is coming up in the third book in my series on The Adventures of the Half Dozen.  In my new manuscript, with the working title GREENER PASTURES?.  Sam has five ewes that will become new mothers when their lambs are born at the end of year, according to the story’s timeline.  These Mamas-to-be are following in the footsteps of both their mother and grandmother, as each is expecting four lambs.
That means Sam needs twenty names for the babies.  When Doc Turner examines Sam’s ewes, he discovers one of the expected lambs is smaller than the others.  Mai Li quickly names the small lamb.  She wants to call him Itsy Bitsy. 
But Sam is following Si’s method of knowing when the lambs were born.  The names of each new group of arrivals start with the same next letter of the alphabet.  The pregnant ewes were Sam’s first lambing and their names all start with “A.”  This is Sam’s second lambing, so all the names will begin with the letter “B.”  Mai Li suggests if they shorten the name to Bitsy, it will agree with Sam’s plan.
However, that means Sam still needs nineteen more names. 
Not only will the winners of the contest each name a new lamb (starting with the letter “B”), but their own name will also be listed in the front of the new book on the Acknowledgements page.   
This is how it’s going to work. 
Starting the first Wednesday of April, I will have a question in my blog under the Bookshelf section.  Each question will be from something in my first Sam book, All Because of Chickens.  Each question will be a multiple answer question.  To be sure your answer gets to me safely, please send it directly to me at glmiller456@gmail.com.  As Subject, put Week (each week’s question will be numbered) Contest Answer.  The earliest correct answer, determined by the email date, will be the winner for that week.  Winners will be notified both by return email and listed on my blog.
If you do not yet have a copy of All Because of Chickens, you can purchase either an e-book or a printed copy on-line from: MuseItUp Bookstore, Amazon, Barnes and Noble, or several other on-line book stores.  You can get printed copies locally from Red House Books in Dothan, AL, Rosie’s Book Shoppe in DuBois, PA, or Brockway Drugs in Brockway, PA.  Or you can order a printed copy from me at the above email address.   
I hope you are as excited about this contest as we are.  Sam and Mai Li are really looking forward to the names you choose for their next lambing!

No comments:

Post a Comment